Need to Downrate or Uprate your vehicle according to your business needs?Use our interactive tool to help identify your requirements.
Mercedes-Benz offers a diverse range of commercial vehicles for a transport industry that is fast moving and equally diverse. There is a legislative framework to which we have to build our standard product range and as a result in certain instances the designed capabilities of the vehicles are under realised.
It is possible, with appropriate modifications, to increase the operating capacities of key models. Conversely it is possible to alter, again with appropriate modification, higher capability vehicles to operate in a lower legislatively defined class.
These ‘uprates’ and ‘downrates’ as they are referred to through many parts of the industry have historically been offered by independent companies and undertaken completely at the owners own risk, potentially invalidating the vehicle warranty.
Mercedes-Benz has been working with VOSA (Vehicle and Operating Services Agency) and can now offer solutions for key models in our range directly to our customers via their local Mercedes-Benz Dealer.
Our streamlined process gives the following benefits:
• Peace of mind
• Fully approved Mercedes-Benz components with absolutely no detrimental effect on the vehicle warranty
• Vehicle Chassis (VIN) Plate replaced (only Mercedes-Benz have the authority to re-issue this plate)
• Change of vehicle status held on file at Mercedes-Benz UK Ltd.
• Mercedes-Benz will handle all aspects of the conversion, coordinating any vehicle inspection (should that be required) with VOSA on the customer’s behalf
• Inspections can be consolidated with an annual MOT to reduce vehicle downtime